Saturday, June 7, 2014

Bunsen Peak & Osprey Falls

After dropping Jeremy off in Bozeman, MT, I decided to go for a short, little 10 mile hike. I started at the Bunsen Peak Trailhead and climbed the 2.1 miles up to the peak. The view of the surrounding mountains was beautiful! 






 It was a little windy up the top, but once I started the descent down the backside of the mountain, the wind seemed to subside. The back side of the mountain was mostly burned lodge pole pine, and the trail eventually came down to an old abandoned jeep road. From there I had to climb down a very steep cliff. Once at the bottom though, Osprey Falls finally came into view and it was awesome. The waterfall is 150 feet tall. The water is so high right now in the rivers that the waterfall was raging. It was hard to get a good picture because if you came within 100 feet of it, you got soaked from all the splashing!


  
After viewing the falls I had about a 5 mile hike back out and up the cliffs. And by the end my feet were killing me! And I’m pretty sure I’m going to lose a toenail! Ouch!


No comments:

Post a Comment