Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Drive

After two LONG days of driving, I finally made it to Yellowstone! The drive was through Wisconsin, Minnesota, and most of South Dakota was brutal…cornfield, after cornfield, after cornfield.  The endless fields made me so groggy I had to stop and take a quick siesta in the rest area parking lot on the first day. After about 14 hours of driving I finally made it to the Badlands in South Dakota. I arrived around 7pm and was able to cruise around the National Park just before sunset.  The rock formations in the park were amazing and the views went on and on forever it seemed. Here are some of the better pics I got from the drive through:








After staying in Rapid City overnight, I got up early the next morning and headed to Mt. Rushmore.






From there I finally entered Wyoming and drove next through BigHorn National Forest, which was pretty awesome. The rock formations here were even more spectacular than the Badlands.





After a long two days I entered Yellowstone National Park around 7pm! My first siting was of a few bison on the side of the road and then of some type of elk that ran right in front of my car and I almost hit it!! Thank god I didn't and was able to get to the clinic safely!


No comments:

Post a Comment